Habia will be hosting information packed conference just for educators in Scotland this September.
Taking place on 10 September 2012 at the Macdonald Inchyra Hotel and Spa, the Habia Conference in Scotland will focus on the changes and challenges currently being faced by Scottish hair, beauty, nails and spa educators.
As with last year's Habia Conference in Scotland, some of the key influencers and policy makers will be speaking, including:
- Andrew Darby, Habia Director of Policy and Information - Habia update: what's new
- HMIe Karen Corbett - Lead HMI for Education Scotland will launch the results of the themed inspection into hair, beauty and complementary therapy provision
- Wendy Nixon, Habia Health and Safety Manager - Health & Safety update
- Anne Miller, Renella and Christine Laing, Adam Smith College - sustainability within the hair and beauty industry
- Hazel Mathieson, Skills Development Scotland - supporting individuals and employers skills needs
- Dr Stephen Vickers, CEO VTCT - VTCT Update
- Iain McCaskey, Alliance of Sector Skills Councils, Scotland - an update on Apprenticeship Systems
Andrew Darby, of Habia, said, "This is our third conference in Scotland, and we know that educators appreciate the focus on the issues that are uniquely relevant to the Scottish training system. We have some great speakers lined up, and the presentation by Karen Corbett, Lead HMI for Education Scotland, on the results of the themed inspections into hair, beauty and complementary therapy provision should be particularly of interest."
The conference will be followed by an evening show featuring the Habia Skills Team, offering delegates - free of charge - the chance to see up close the latest cutting edge techniques on how to improve staff skills. The Hair Live
roadshows have proven extremely popular throughout the UK, performing in sold-out venues to enthusiastic audiences across the country.
The Habia Conference Scotland is being supported by awarding organisation VTCT.
Dr Stephen Vickers, VTCT CEO, said, "VTCT is pleased to be working with Habia in Scotland. We fully support colleges in Scotland and we are sponsoring this event to raise awareness of how the organisations are working together to raise the standards in hair and beauty."
Tickets for the Habia Conference in Scotland cost £60 per delegate, including VAT. Habia Member Schools receive one free place. Delegates get one free VIP place at the Hair Live
show in the evening, with a seat reserved for the front row.
To book a place visit the Habia shop
To download a booking form click here
You can also follow Habia on Facebook at www.facebook.com/HabiaUK
and Twitter at http://twitter.com/Habia_SSB