The Complete Nail Technician 3rd Edition - launched 18 April 2011Posted:
Monday 18 April 2011
Marian Newman's The Complete Nail Technician has been written in line with the current NVQ in Nail Services at levels 2 and 3, and will appeal to both students, instructors and practising nail technicians alike.
Written by a leading figure in the nail industry, The Complete Nail Technician contains everything you need to know about nails. It covers essential information about the chemistry of artificial nails, as well as comprehensive sections on the anatomy and physiology of the skin and nail unit; preparation of therapist, work area and client; applying and maintaining tips, overlays and sculptured nails; and basic and advanced nail art; as well as providing important health and safety advice. The new third edition has been completely brought up to date and includes inspiring 4-colour images and nail art designs, and easy to follow step-by-steps. It also includes new pedagogical features and increased coverage of business practice to ensure that students and nail technicians alike are better equipped with all-important commercial skills.
The Complete Nail Technician is an essential reference manual for practising nail technicians, salon owners and instructors and a great step-by-step guide for beginners.
- Revisions and updates in line with new National Occupational Standards.
- Two new chapters: Business Matters – to address new units on the NOS covering business and finance, and The Electric File a new practical Unit that will address the common use of electric files.
- Updated 4-colour images, step-by-steps and nail art designs in line with market trends
- Tighter focus on business skills and commercial aspects.
- Increased coverage of electronic equipment (e-files)
- Increased coverage of nail competitions.
- Updated features including: activity boxes, best practice boxes, health and safety boxes, top tips, equipment lists, industry anecdotes, learning summaries, and assessment of knowledge and understanding questions.
To purchase, click here.Tags:
To download a free sample copy of Chapter 5 click here.