The Register of Beauty Professionals is a voluntary, independent register that recognise the qualifications of beauty professionals supported by the government (Its launch was co-funded by UKCES – UK Commission for Employment and Skills).
The registers form a database of individuals who have trained and are qualified to conduct a professional role within the beauty and spa industry.
Why do we need a Professional Register?
The registers were launched following a call from business owners and employers to raise standards and professionalism in the industry. The industry is unregulated and anyone can operate without any training and qualifications therefore the registers highlight unqualified workers operating in salons and spas.
Why join the register?
- Show your commitment to raising standards and quality across the industry
- Evidence your continuing professional development (CPD) with a personal online account
- Enhance your employability with evidence that you have met industry training standards
- Stand out from the untrained work force operating in the industry
- Personalised Professional Registers membership card
- Free public register listing searchable by consumers
- Personal online CPD account
- Save £££’s with exclusive savings and special offers from well-known brands including Apple, Boots, House of Fraser plus many more
- Get regular industry updates, news, and emails
To register, professionals must provide evidence of qualifications and experience that meet a minimum framework based on agreed National Occupation Standards (NOS). Members must also commit to their continuing professional development (CPD) training and adhere to an industry code of ethical conduct.
How much is it to join?
Individual membership is £38 inc VAT per year
Discounts are available for group registrations of 10 or more individualsFind out more and register here