Begin Hairdressing And Barbering: The Official Guide To S/NVQ Level 1 - New Edition 2011
Author: Martin Green
This new edition of Begin Hairdressing is the official guide to hairdressing at Level 1 and is the only guide endorsed by Habia and City & Guilds. Trusted by thousands of students and lecturers, this second edition has been updated and improved to cover the latest standards so you can be certain you are getting the most comprehensive coverage of S/NVQ Level 1 Hairdressing. With each chapter mapped directly to a unit from your course and written in clear and easy to follow language, you can be sure that this trusted text has all you need to help you succeed at S/NVQ Level 1.
All the essential elements of the Level 1 qualification are clearly explained in a stylish and easy to follow format that is both accessible and engaging for students. Packed with expert advice, stimulating activities and end-of-chapter revision questions, this dynamic new edition helps personalise learning and is the complete package for all your teaching and learning needs.
New to this edition:
- Each chapter is mapped exactly to the very latest S/NVQ unit standards, making it easy to follow and ensuring your learning fits the qualification
- Clear objectives at the start of the unit tell you 'what you need to do', 'what you need to cover', and 'what you need to know'
- Essential Learning and Knowledge (EKU) statements are flagged throughout the text so you know where the important content is covered. There is also a complete EKU listing so you can navigate directly to the knowledge you need
- New step-by-step images will help walk you through the required techniques
- Updated Activities and Revision Questions enable you to check your progress and put your learning into practice
- The latest colour photos and images from leading companies and stylists bring the classroom and the salon to life
- A fully revised list of useful addresses and websites and even more hints and tips for how to succeed in the hairdressing industry puts learning into context
About the Author
Martin Green is a practising hairdresser with thirty years' experience at his Cheltenham based salon group Head Quarters. He is the co-author of Cengage Learning's bestselling Hairdressing, The Foundations: the Official Guide to S/NVQ Level 2 and Professional Hairdressing: the Official Guide to S/NVQ Level 3. Martin has extensive industry experience, a firm background in training and has been a lecturer in college as well as a regional verifier for City & Guilds.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 Introductory Chapter
Chapter 2 G20 Make sure your own actions reduce risks to health & safety
Chapter 3 G3 Contribute to the development of effective working relationships
Chapter 4 G2 Assist with salon reception duties
Chapter 5 GH3 Prepare for hair services and maintain work areas
Chapter 6 GH1 Shampoo and condition hair
Chapter 7 GH2 Blow dry hair
Chapter 8 GH6 Plait and twist hair using basic techniques
Chapter 9 GH4 Assist with hair colour services
Chapter 10 GH5 Assist with perming hair services
Chapter 11 GH7 Remove hair extensions
Chapter 12 GB1 Assist with shaving services
Appendices including useful addresses and answers to the end of chapter questions.