Professional Hairdressing & Barbering: The Official Guide To Level 3
Author: Martin Green and Leo Palladino
Completely revised to map to the recently-updated Professional Hairdressing and Barbering Level 3 National Occupational Standards, this new edition of Martin Green's bestselling textbook is the only book needed to successfully complete a Hairdressing or Barbering Level 3 NVQ qualification. This is the only Level 3 guide to be endorsed by both Habia and VTCT and is trusted by students and trainers.
This book is suitable for those studying for NVQ Level 3 qualifications with all awarding associations, including VTCT, City & Guilds, ITEC and other providers. It has been developed to equip learners with everything they need to gain their qualification and provide a handy reference throughout their career.
- Content specifically mapped to Level 3 Hairdressing and Barbering learning outcomes.
- Assessment of knowledge and understanding questions designed to help check knowledge.
- Clear learning objectives, key terms and qualification mapping at the start of each chapter.
- Activities, top tips and links to online resources making learning fun and interactive.
- Clear, professionally photographed step-by-steps and colour photos from leading stylists and companies.
- Blended e-learning support.
PART I: CUSTOMER-CENTRED SERVICES.
1. Consultation and Advice.
2. Promote Services and Products.
3. Customer Service.
PART II: HAIRDRESSING TECHNICAL SERVICES.
4. Creative Cutting.
5. Creative Barbering.
6. Styling Beards and Moustaches.
8. Creatively Style and Dress Hair.
9. Creatively Dress Long Hair.
10. Hair Extensions.
11. Colouring Hair.
12. Colour Correction.
13. Perming Hair.
14. Develop Your Creativity.
PART III: SUPPORTING MANAGEMENT.
15. Health and Safety.
16. Efficiency and Effectiveness at Work.
17. Planning Promotional Activities.
18. ONLINE ONLY Facial Massage.
19. ONLINE ONLY Hair Pattern Design.