- Hear how award-winning Utopia Beauty & Advanced Skincare (Hornchurch) are developing their brand, and the technical skills they look for when recruiting
- How is the City Retreat Salon (Newcastle) developing treatments to meet the ever-increasing demands of their clientele?
- How are colleges responding to the demands of employers whilst meeting the requirements of the common inspection framework? reflect on the quality of your programmes, share good practice and practical examples for beauty and spa teams
- The Institute for Apprenticeships (IfA) Hair, Beauty & Aesthetics Panel – what is its remit? How will it influence the work we do in colleges? What will the T-Standard /Level look like?
- What do Gaia Spa (Borringdon, Devon) look for when recruiting therapists?
- Hear what one College has learned from the DfE extended work placement pilot, will you be ready for the requirements of T-Levels?
You’re probably aware that the Professional Beauty Exhibition is on 21/22nd October and there are lots of activities aimed at students. Whilst your students enjoy the delights of the exhibition you are able to come together with your colleagues at the ‘Education Forum’ to have a couple of hours focussed on the issues you currently face, so you have early knowledge of factors that will impact on your team, so you can plan and be prepared for the challenges ahead. It’s also a great opportunity to hear what other colleges are doing and network with colleagues in the industry.
This year we’ve got a fantastic employer panel that includes Diane Nettleton from Gaia Spa, Stefania Rossi from Utopia Beauty & Advanced Skin and Lesley Castor from City Retreat. We have an input from Suki Kalirai, the Chair of the IfA Hair, Beauty and Aesthetics Panel about T-Levels plus Elaine Smith our favourite Ofsted Inspector/Consultant updating us on Ofsted requirements and what you need to do to be an outstanding team. I’ll also update you on the DfE extended industry placement pilot our college delivered this year, which is in preparation for the introduction of T-Levels… ……..all this ….plus CPD points can be achieved for attending!
The forum is from 11.00-1.45 followed by lunch, so there is time beforehand for staff to ensure their students are safely in the exhibition area and afterwards to visit the stands. The investment is only £10 per person, which is fantastic value. Last year many Colleges brought their entire team in, so if this interests you, the telephone number is 0207 351 0536 for block bookings,